01/10/2014

HANALEI REPONTY - OUR OCEANS

 
This surfer girl have some true words to share.

"Growing up on a small island, surrounded by coral reef, as well as all sorts of colourful fishes, graceful stingrays, curious turtles, smart dolphins and sharks, the ocean has become a second home to me. When I was a child, every opportunity I had, every day, every hour, I wanted to spend it in the ocean. I have swam with sting rays countless times, and I will never get over their grace and beauty in the water. Dolphins will never cease to amaze me with their smart, curious and playful mind. My dad took my family and I on our boat every sunday and we roamed the sea, in search of empty paradise. My brother and I spent hours diving, swimming, and exploring the water and all its treasures. One day, we came upon a whale, and as we jumped in the water, my heart skipped a beat. The enormous animal was right next to me, observing me with tranquility. I felt so small. My chest started vibrating when it started singing. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Through surfing, my love for the ocean became stronger and deeper. All I need is being in the ocean to resrouce myself, to be happy, to be in sync with mother nature. To feel free.

As a child, dreams and reality was blurred. My dreams were alive under water.
I am lucky to say that my playground was the ocean. I want my future children to feel the same way, to be amazed by the beautifulness of our oceans and marine life, and believe in it’s magic."

- Hanalei Reponty -

//

No comments :

Post a Comment